2.28.2014

Veva Belle's Nursery


my baby V's nursery was such a fun project for me, & a labor of love. as most nursery's usually begin as a home office, this was my interior design office. it was my inspired work environment where i could pull out all of my markers, spread out every fabric swatch, & throw glitter if i wanted to, & my husband could careless because that was MY space (even though he absolutely can't stand glitter). 

now this once creative office is now a colorful, glam room for our baby girl to dream, love, & laugh in. photography done by the lovely Braadyn Ashley Photography.




my mom helped me with the bedding, i choose mostly black & white because they complement each other so well, plus these are the only colors babies can recongize for their first few months. & as you can tell veva loves them! i had a close friend make this adorable puff mobile for me.




when i first envisioned her nursery i saw it wrapped in a beautiful scalamandre wallpaper. since we are renting there was no way i was going to wallpaper then rip it off when we moved. so i called up my cousin who made this petite heart decals. the bug net was mine existing from when i was a little girl.

the rocking chair is an eames classic from design within reach. the pillow was a DIY i made from velvet, pom poms, & schumacher fabrics. the funny doll from rh baby & child. on the floor this wheely bug adds a whimsical touch.




i found this old dresser on ksl & my talented husband stripped & refinished the entire thing, its beautiful (i am sad the gold hardware didn't make it in time for the photo shoot). the gold V is from my dear friend morgan allen. bowls & vases from anthro




this vintage fabric pinwheel quilt was made by my mom which im completly obesessed with. the white blessing dress was mine when i was blessed, it acts like a perfect piece of art for this wall.




i found this french chandelier hanging in a dusty corner of a consignment  shop, with a new coat of paint and fresh black shades its as good as new.







     

i love the corky nooks & cupboards in these old homes in the avenues, it gives so much character, knobs from anthro. custom chic gold monogram made by my cousin. & i did sneak in a small section of  osborne & little wallpaper.

      
 i really enjoyed putting my baby girls nursery together, it was a vision that came to life with the help of many friends & family!

2 comments:

  1. Aubrey, this is as charming as it is lovely!!! So fun! I love every detail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely beautiful! I love every last detail :)
    xo TJ

    http://www.hislittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete