7.29.2015

Bohemian Bachelorette Party


My how has time come and gone. My little sister is getting married, and I am 

delighted to be her maid of honor. As her older sister, I couldn’t help but want to go 

all out and throw her a big bachelorette party.  


As I was brainstorming theme ideas, I my mind went back to where she met 

her fiancé, Hawaii. I also wanted the party to coordinate with her natural boho chic 

wedding vibe as well. That’s how I came up with her Bohemian Bachelorette Party. 


My main focus was obviously my sister. I made a special happy yellow floral 

crown for her to wear and she looked absolutely beautiful. I also made simple floral 

crowns for the rest of the girls




I envisioned an inviting atmosphere full of friends, bright pieces of fabrics 

strung about, and warm wood bowls overflowing with tropical fruits. With this type 

of  theme in mind I planned to have the party in my parents backyard which is 

extremely green and luscious. Sadly on the day of the party, of course it decided to 

rain. We did take a few photos outside but the majority of the party was indoors. 



 The featured décor of the party was the food table. It 

was all about the layering. I started with this beautiful brightly colored silk floral 

fabric, carelessly draped across the table. Next the pink pops of peonies, in blue 

glass vases with carved wooden bowls filled with all sorts of tropical fruits. Beside 

the fruit I had two wooden trays full of hot banana pancakes. The finishing piece 

was a custom two-tiered cake, adorned with fever few flowers. 










   My favorite décor piece that added most to the bohemian feel was 

the DIY tent.



I made several fabric halos, that where originally going to hang in the trees, 

as well as tassels.







 When planning parties I also like to think of the guests as part of the 

décor too, so I invited each girl to wear a colorful sundress. 


I was very pleased at how well the party turned out. As a host I always tend 

to get a little nervous before an event starts, but this party was a hit and my little 

sister was glowing. I hope this will be an event she will cherish for the rest of her life 

and I am so happy I got to share it with her.


photography by
















No comments:

Post a Comment